blueFairfield Limousine Service homebarFairfield Limousine Service reservationsbarFairfield Limousine Service aboutusbarfleetbarFairfield Limousine Service contactblue2  
   
bl
bu
City Category
Berkshire
Byram
Brookfield
Bridgeport
Branchville
Bethel
Cos Cob
Cranbury
Danbury
Darien
Easton
Fairfield
Georgetown
Glenville
Greenfield Hill
Greenwich
Hawleyville
Huntington
Long Hill
Lyons Plain
Mill Plain
Monroe
New Canaan
New Fairfield
Newtown
Nichols
Noroton
Noroton Heights
Norwalk
Redding
Redding Ridge
Ridgefield
Riverside
Round Hill
Sandy Hook
Saugatuck
Shelton
Sherman
Southport
Stafford
Stamford
Stepney
Stratford
Weston
Westport
Wilton
Winnipauk
Milford
Trumbull


Functions
Wedding
Corporate Event
Anniversary
Baby Shower
Baptism
Briss
Bat Mitzvah
Bar Mitzvah
Confirmation
Birthday Party
Engagement
Bachelor Party
Bachelorette Party
Bridal Shower
School Reunion
Corporate Picnic
Family Reunion
Dinner Party
New Year's Eve
Memorial Day
Labor Day
Thanksgiving
Superbowl
Quinceanera
Prom
School Prom
Sweet Sixteen
Mother's Day
Valentine's Day
Father's Day





No image available.


Info for Stepney Limousine Service

The Stepney Town Green, originally called Birdsey's Plain, after Joseph Birdsey who settled in the area around 1780, is in the heart of Upper Stepney and is the only green in Monroe owned and maintained by the town today. Originally the site of militia drills, the green quickly grew in size and importance during the nineteenth century, and in 1817 it was set aside as a "place of parade" for "publik use." This "parade" ground officially became Monroe's "second" town green. (The town at that point already had one green at Monroe Center, which was established in 1784 with land donated by Captain Joseph Moss and Nehemiah DeForest. Today that green is owned and maintained by the two churches that face it: Monroe Congregational Church and St. Peter's Episcopal Church.)

In 1839 the Stepney Methodist Church was built on Pepper Street. A decade later local Baptists constructed the Stepney Baptist Church on Main Street, which was a near duplicate of the Methodist Church directly across the road. Because of their structural similarities, the two were referred to as "sister churches," or the "twin churches," by those in the community. In 1973 the Orthodox Roman Catholic Movement acquired the former Stepney Methodist Church (which was relocated to Cutler's Farm Road) and transformed it into Our Lady of the Rosary Chapel, where the traditional Latin Mass is still celebrated today.

Presently the green is bordered by an antique store and other quaint retail shops, the two churches, and a cemetery where an apparition called the "White Lady" has often appeared. The Stepney Green is a piece of history nestled in Upper Stepney, which many residents feel should be preserved for generations to come.


Stepney limousine rentals

Berkshire Limousine Service

Stepney limousine servicesHire a limo for your weddings, birthdays, proms, and romantic dates, or treat your guests and clients to a limousine shuttle service for a tour around town, to and from hotels and airports, and during special corporate events. And for your limousine service needs only one name can be trusted: Fairfield CT Limo. Five years of first-class quality limo service by our professionally trained chauffeurs and staff have earned Fairfield CT Limo a reputation as the limo company to hire for every function or occasion. Our stable of limousines is widely arrayed from simple elegant town cars to stylish sedans and luxurious stretch limousines. Our services cover all locations in Fairfield County, Connecticut.


Stepney limousine service rentals